- ‘Hands-on’ learning environment, in a beautiful outdoor setting, designed to invite students’ joyful exploration, as they research how the world works.
- Highly-qualified team of educators prepare ‘provocations’ to stimulate students’ questions, deep thinking, collaborative problem-solving and shared understandings. High educators-to-students ratio of 3:25.
- ‘Image of the child/student’ as competent, capable, creative, responsible, resourceful and resilient, drives Blue Gum’s educational approach.
- Learning how to manage relationships with peers (and adults) is an important focus at this age, as well as a pre-requisite for learning.
- ‘Real-life’ investigation is the trigger for meaningful learning, into which early literacy and numeracy experiences are imbedded.
- Multi-age classes ensure students can progress at a rate that suits them best. Higher-skilled students extend their capabilities by taking on the challenge of mentoring less-skilled students or newcomers.
- Students can enter Blue Gum’s pre-school program at 3 years of age – the longer they remain in the program, the greater their educational benefit and social/emotional development.
- Full-time & part-time booking options:
Monday/Tuesday; or Thursday/Friday;
Monday – Friday.
- Short day (9am–3pm or 8:30am-3:30pm) or full day (8:30am-6:00pm) booking options.
- Bookings are for the 4 school terms; families may also add the optional recreational School Holidays program, outside school terms.
- Child Care Benefit & Child Care Rebate available – Blue Gum is an ‘approved’ early childhood service provider; therefore families may qualify for government subsidies.