Families & Friends of Blue Gum (FFBG) is the collective body of parents and carers at Blue Gum Community School (in other school communities, this is often called the P&C). If your child is enrolled at Blue Gum Community School, then you are automatically a member of FFBG. We:
- Hold 4 meetings a year open to the whole parent body
- Organise special events (past events have included: a cultural tour of Mt Majura, pedal-powered cinema, and spotlighting at the Botanical Gardens)
- Support the school with the running of Slow Sunday – an annual event where each Class in the school shares a learning experience or a performance
- Organise and run one major fundraising event per year e.g. Bunnings BBQ, Art Market
- Host the Welcome Morning Tea at the start of each school year
For more FFBG details or to keep up-to-date with happenings, see our website: www.bluegumfamily.wordpress.com
If you have feedback about the site, information that you would like to post, or questions, please send an email to Please note that posts are moderated and need to be directly relevant to the school community.
FFBG meetings are usually held in Week 4 of each Term on Wednesday night, starting at 7.30pm and aiming to finish by 9:00pm. Proposed dates for 2016:
Term 1: Wednesday 24th February
Term 2: Wednesday 18th May
Term 3: Wednesday 10th August
Term 4: Wednesday 2nd November
A typical meeting includes an update on recent and upcoming events, Q & A session with Maureen Hartung (Blue Gum’s Executive Director), and a parent information session on a particular topic. These sessions highlight the educational philosophies that guide Blue Gum’s educational approach. If you want to know how Blue Gum educators work with students and why, the importance of the classroom environment etc, then this is one way to find out.
Previous topics include: Reinventing the Gargoyle – led by Artyology’s Visual Arts Director; The Blue Gum Education Journey: from Primary through to Secondary Classes – presented by Blue Gum’s Education Directors; Blue Gum’s Outdoor Education Program – presented by Blue Gum’s Outdoor Education Specialist; and Visual Literacy – presented by a Class Director.
Families are invited to show your support for the school in a tangible way by getting involved with FFBG. Come to our meetings, have your say, find out what is going on, lend a hand and be inspired by our fabulous educators. Help support this fantastic school that you have picked for your children!